- Tonight! A Davey and Goliath marathon, courtesty of Secret Cinema (includes a bonus Gumby reel).
- Flat Possum Boys play Thursday nights at Fume, the bar above Abyssinia (an Ethiopian restaurant in West Philly). It’s embarrassing that the first time I’ll see the infamous bluegrass night is next Thursday.
- Who knew that Christo, that crazy umbrella guy, is still at it*. From February 12th-27th, The Gates will be on display in New York’s Central Park:
7,500 colorful “gates” — free-hanging saffron-colored fabric panels, 16 feet high and 7 feet above the ground, with a width varying from 5-1/2 to 18 feet — will be installed along 23 miles of paved pedestrian pathways.
- The Iguanas are playing on January 28th at North by Northwest (samples here).
- Animation Show 2005 is getting ready to tour. No Philly date yet, but get ready by reliving the memories of last year’s Animation Show.
- How much do I want to see All Wear Bowlers? It’s inspired by the spirit of Laurel and Hardy, and it’s being produced by 1812, my favorite Philadelphia Theatre company.
Any other suggestions and excuses for coming out of hibernation?
*The Christo information is via Artblog, a wonderful Philadelphia art review and gossip site run by Roberta Fallon and Libby Rosof.