Boss-across-the-hall update

He foiled my plan to volunteer him as a model for the organization’s annual charity fashion show. It was a valiant attempt, nonetheless–especially the part where I remembered the delegate permissions on his e-mail account.

From: CIO
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 10:00 AM
To: IT – Department
Subject: FW: Fashion Show Models Wanted
Importance: High

I would love to get an IT table for the fashion show this year. Anyone else interested in attending with me?

——————————————————————————–
From: Becky S
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 10:31 AM
To: CIO; IT – Department
Subject: RE: Fashion Show Models Wanted

I will attend if someone from IT volunteers to model. I nominate boss-across-the-hall.

——————————————————————————–
From: Office administrator
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 10:38 AM
To: CIO;Becky S; IT – Department
Subject: RE: Fashion Show Models Wanted

I already nominated boss-across-the-hall to model — he readily DECLINED.

——————————————————————————–
From: CIO
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 10:41 AM
To: IT – Department
Subject: RE: Fashion Show Models Wanted

What if I buy the ticket for the person who volunteers to model?

——————————————————————————–
From: Becky S On Behalf Of Boss-across-the-hall
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 11:06 AM
To: CIO; IT – Department
Subject: RE: Fashion Show Models Wanted

Ok, since I’m in such demand, I’ll do it.

——————————————————————————–
From: Boss-across-the-hall
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 11:07 AM
To: CIO; IT – Department
Subject: RE: Fashion Show Models Wanted

I have not authorized this message!

——————————————————————————–
From: IT security dude
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 11:09 AM
To: Boss-across-the-hall;Becky S
Subject: RE: Fashion Show Models Wanted

Watch out–abuse of delegated authority!

5 responses to “Boss-across-the-hall update”

1. Anonymous

I will pay for a ticket if boss-across-the-hall wears those shorts again.

2. Bernard (The Beat is back)

Strange…when I previewd my post it removed my “Posted by:” after I clicked “Post”.

3. Bernard (The Beat is back)

I messed up the link, here it is again…I hate computers.

4. IT Security Dude

The women in our office seem so happy to nominate the men for this fashion show. Our hostess nominated boss-across-the-hall,
    two of the IT Security Dudettes with whom I work have nominated me, and so on

Incidentally, I will not be accepting the nomination for the fashion show because in the sagacious words of Right Said Fred,
    I’m too sexy for this fashion show. Fred might do a little turn on the catwalk, but I’m not giving
    (1) my male co-workers that kind of blackmail material, nor
    (2) my female co-workers the unbearable temptation that is my Strut.
    You see, when I Strut, Austin Powers’ Mojo and James Bond’s Sex Appeal weep
    like a little boy whose annoying little sister gets all of his birthday presents.
    Actually, they weep so much it’s more like the little sister was cutting up an onion and got stung by both a jellyfish AND a bee on the very indian burn her
    brother gave her while stealing back the presents. (Don’t ask me why she had a knife in the first place.
    Bad parenting, maybe? What kind of parents give the wrong kid birthday presents after all?)
    The point is, my Strut is very effective. Men are humbled, women are entranced.

Back to the ORIGINAL point…

The men in our office are afeard that if we start bandying about names of women who might appear in the fashion show,
    we’ll have harassment charges pending. It’s all very tricky and unfair.

I’m surprised our hostess has not mentioned the whole size situation.
    The Fashion Show Imperators demand men, sizes 40-46. Women must be sizes 6-10 or 16-24.

5. Becky

It’s true–there is kind of a double standard.

The size thing. Yeah, I figured it’s because they already have the clothes picked out and need models that correspond to the sizes?