More impressions of Philadelphia’s Citizens Bank Park (aka Taxpayer Stadium II).
- Hot dog gun: malfunctioned, firing a weiner into right field during the game.
- Seats: still too close together.
- Bathrooms: clean (before the game, anyway); a stadium employee was directing stall traffic, which helped the line move quickly.
- Beer: where is the Hop Devil?
- Harry the K’s (restaurant built into the left field scoreboard): as expensive as we expected, but a fun place to eat dinner and watch the players warm up.
And it’s good to know that Philadelphia hasn’t gotten uppity just because we have a new stadium:
The “Memory Lane” history display (a.k.a. “Nightmare Alley”) is literally within spitting distance of visitors’ bullpen. By game five, it was blocked off.